4 Tips on How to Write Meta Descriptions That Users Click On.
Why are meta descriptions important? Does Google use the meta description text in their algorithms to rank a website?
Well, no. Google doesn’t take meta descriptions into account „as per se“.
A good meta description will maximize your Click-Through Rate and in turn increase the page ranking. Take a look at the video for examples.
To help you write amazing descriptions for your clients, here are
4 tips on how to write descriptions that can increase Click-Through Rate (CTR)
- Take care of the length: meta description’s length is normative and contains between 155 to 160 characters (including spaces).
- Be persuasive: use an action-oriented language and don’t forget a call to action.
- Inspire curiosity. Tell in few words that you are the one holding the solution to the user’s problem.
- Use keywords: They might not matter for search engines but they do so for users. They will appear bolded in the SERP (Search Engine Result Page).
The impact of meta descriptions on search engines is indirect but real.
When you satisfy the user search engines will notice it.
How? A happy user sends positive signals. (if you didn’t see the video I made about the different aspects of SEO you can watch it here)
User signals include:
- The time the user is spending on a website
- How many pages he/she is visiting on your website.
If you enjoyed this blogpost, I’d be happy to read from you in the comment section below or on my Facebook page.
Until then, I wish you a great rest of the week and I see you next week for a new video